As part of digital onboarding, the platform enables employees to choose the super fund they want their employer contributions to be made. We call this the super journey.
The super journey digitally enables the employee to choose their super fund by:
- Giving easy access to one or more super funds displayed in the super journey (which Flare HR provides technology services to) (Displayed Funds); or
- Allowing the employee to choose their employer’s default fund (which has been chosen by the employer) or any other available super fund (including a fund that they are already a member of) by entering in those fund details.
Once the employee has chosen their super fund, a choice of fund form is automatically populated for the employee to digitally sign.
Importantly, information about the Displayed Funds (including the PDS) can be accessed via the platform. The Flare platform makes it clear that:
- Flare HR is not recommending the Displayed Funds
- There are many superannuation funds out there; and
- If employees are unsure which fund is right for them, they should seek their own financial advice.
Post-onboarding, employees can access the superannuation comparison tool provided by Flare Financial Services. This tool assists employees to compare superannuation funds. The ratings and comparison data used to compare products is provided by an independent ratings provider. See the Financial Services Guide for more information.